Virtual Book Tours
Presented by Jan B. King
as part of the 2010 Nonfiction Writer's Conference
7 Steps to Creating a Profitable Virtual Book Tour
A virtual book tour is an online book marketing experience that takes place at any time after the book comes out. The author makes tour stops at blogs, podcasts, Internet radio shows, gets reviews and creates events to help promote the author and the book. The concept is simple, but the successful execution is a little more complex.
In this session you will learn how to:
* Target the right audience for a successful tour
* Approach bloggers and podcasters and others in ways that are guaranteed to make them sit up and take notice
* Prepare your web site to create buzz for the book
* Maximize the experience to increase your search engine rankings
* Use the results of the tour for years to come
* Make connections as a result of the tour that lead to bigger and better media opportunities
* Have fun and sell your book profitably
Jan King has coached authors (and author’s assistants) through many successful virtual book tours and will share her success secrets with you. Don’t miss this practical and informative session.