How to Start and Run a Used Bookstore
If you have ever wanted to start a used bookstore, here is your chance to learn from someone who knows first-hand what it takes. Author Stephanie Chandler is the original founder of Book Lovers Bookstore in Sacramento, CA. She started the store from scratch, acquired over 20,000 books prior to opening, and built a successful neighborhood business that also conducts sales online.
Stephanie takes you through the process step-by-step, sharing what worked and didn’t work for her, and shows you how to plan your bookstore business and develop a strategy for success!
Features in this workbook include:
* Worksheets: Budget planning, evaluating competition, forecasting, and more.
* Business Basics: What you need to get started.
* Inventory: Twelve sources for acquiring used books.
* Suppliers: Library supplies, printed goods, retail supplies and more.
* Shop Setup: Store layout, book categories, bookseller software and tools.
* Operations Procedures: Trade policies, overstock, and a sample operations manual.
* Marketing: Low-cost and no-cost tactics for maximizing exposure.
* Website: Steps for setting up a website.
* Online Sales: Strategies and websites to sell your inventory.
* Resources: Dozens of useful website links.
* Business Plan: Sample business plan (actual plan used for Book Lovers Bookstore!).
"Just wanted to say thank you. I used your book to set up my used book store and we celebrated our one year anniversary on August 1st. I couldn't have done it without your book. Other resources were also quite valuable but your book became my template. Many thanks, Lou Grantt"
This is the first workbook to offer comprehensive strategies and tools to help you start a used bookstore. Chandler doesn’t sugar-coat her advice, and instead offers realistic and practical information that could save you countless hours in the planning process and hundreds or even thousands of dollars in mistakes.
If you've been dreaming about starting your own used bookstore, this is the essential planning tool to help you realize your dreams!
This is an EBook that is delivered in a PDF format available for immediate downloading when payment is completed.
If you prefer to purchase a physical book, please visit this link: http://amzn.to/aCT3aj